Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Top 5 (Week 2)

This week has been kind of a cool week! A lot of events have been going on and I have done a lot interesting things. Wimbledon has been on my lists of things for this week, but I do not want to add it to this week's list since it was on there last week.



1) Olympic Trials - As everyone knows, the 2012 Olympics is occurring this year in London. I am very excited about it. I can't wait for the epic tennis matches and, of course, my favorite event gymnastics. Friday started the events for the Olympic Gymnastic Trials. I am a strong supporter of Nastia Liukin, the 2008 Olympic All-Round Medalist, and hope that she is able to make the team. Although she did not put on a strong performance, and people have their days, I feel she can step it up and go another year. Even if she does not, I can't wait until Sunday to find out who made the team.

2) Throat - I went to a book fest in the Spring called SOKY Book Fest and picked up many books. One book that my sister picked up, and I did not, was a book called Throat by R.A. Nelson. I am kind of mad that I did not pick up the book itself after going to an Y.A. panel about the book. Nelson's book is an excellent read. If you like vampires, history, science, and some great young adult fiction this book is for you. I will be posting a review about the book in the near future. I can't wait to meet R.A.Nelson again so I can talk to him about the book.

3) Fandomfest - While reading Throat in my living room on Friday, my sister was like come see this...so I looked at her computer screen and it said that Nicholas Brendon, who plays Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was going to be at Fandomfest in Louisville, KY. Its about an hour and a half drive from where we live, so we decided to go and see if we could meet Nicholas. After waiting to buy our tickets for both the event and for his autograph (side note: the people at Fandomfest were very unorganized), we finally got to meet him! He is pretty much one of the coolest guys I have ever met. He was very conversational and told some great Buffy stories. I told him my favorite line which was "And your balloon animals suck, anyone can make a giraffe." After meeting with him, we also got to meet Colin Ferguson from the show Eureka. He was very comedic and one of the coolest Canadians I have ever met, in which I only know a few.

4) Brave - Last Sunday I watched the movie Brave. The movie was quite fascinating. It was not your typical Disney movie where the princess has to fall in love with Prince Charming. She made her own decisions and, in the end, was hero of the whole film. Plus, it had archery, which was a bonus Its a must see movie. Great story for not only children but for the whole family.





5) The Flog - Although I have been watching since it has came out, Flog is an excellent Youtube show put on by Felicia Day and would probably make my Top 5 every week. In these shows she does a top five, answers questions, dances, cooks, and attempts in doing things she does not ordinarily do, like drive a bulldozer or make ice sculptures. Its pretty awesome and it has a catchy theme song. Her site can be found here under Geek and Sundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment