Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Review)


Today, the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter movie came out. As a history graduate student, I wondered how this movie was going to be made and how the history of the Civil War would be described. Although the movie left out a couple of things like Mary Todd being crazy, that Lincoln had two children, and Lincoln’s hatred for his father, the movie was still pretty awesome. I know, I know, you can’t have everything you want in a movie, but its history, lol!

Anyway, the movie was a lot of fun to watch. First of all, the story line was incredible. It focused on the major parts of Lincoln’s life and incorporated vampires into it. Well done! I was surprised how great the history of Lincoln was portrayed. Secondly, I loved the graphics. The graphics were outstanding. The battle scenes, the slowing things down to help the audience understand what is going on, the movement of characters during the film, and the battle scenes of the Civil War and the killing of regular vampires was terrific. I was kind of afraid that the movie would be like other films where the hero is attacking an enemy and the only thing that can be seen is darkness and you question what the hell is going on. The movie never did this and you knew at every moment what was happening! Thirdly, the production cast did a great job with the aging of the movie’s characters. The staff was able to make the cast look very young and even older as time went by without changing the cast constantly.


The movie was quite incredible and I kind of want to go back again to see it. It has great dialogue, a surprising/impacting ending, great action scenes, some sad moments, and the characters make comedic jokes. I think the only thing that I can say that I didn’t like about seeing the movie was the rude girl in front of me who kept playing with her cell phone the whole time.  Ugh, I hate when people do that! In the end, it’s a great movie, so get yourself out there and go see it. You will be surprised how great the movie portrays Lincoln and Mary Todd as badasses! 


P.S. This past semester, I took a class on the Civil War and we watched the trailer for the movie. One of the students in my class asked the professor if vampires were a true legitimate reason why the Civil War occurred. I looked at that student and was like REALLY? And the only thing I could do was shake my head, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment