Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I read the book The Perks of Being a WallFlower about six years ago before I went to college. It was given to me by my sister who told me that I would really enjoy it. I would never classify myself as a wallflower and was like nah I won't find this book interesting. Boy was I wrong. This book was amazing. The characters, the drama, the emotion, and storyline makes this book one of my all time favorite books that I have ever read.

In the story, which is told in letters, there is a young boy named Charlie who is just entering high school. He is kind of clueless and doesn't have any friends. Although true, he is very inteligent. And wants to be a writer.

Later in the story he meets two siblings (step brother and sister) named Sam and Patrick. They become his best friends and help him learn and experience the world: through providing knowledge and life experiences.

I don't want to give the story away but the end is very emotional and even though some people may say they knew it was coming, I did not. I was completely shocked. I believe you be surprised as well.



Furthermore, the writing in this book is terrific. I kept finding myself laughing and telling myself that I would have said something like that when I was younger and that I would have found myself in the same situtation. I will admit I even cried. I read the book in one day because I could not put the book down.  I believe it can be used to help young adults understand the world and who others are. It might also help some teens find out who they really are.

I am very excited that this book is becoming a movie. I believe they have an excellent cast especially with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger from Harry Potter) and Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson) in the film. The movie comes out September 14th. I have attached a trailer for everyone to see.

I will definitely be at the movie theaters that night when it comes out. And whatever you do, please try to read the book before you see the movie. Although I believe this movie will be good, think about the many great parts the movie will leave out.

Right now I am re-reading the book and falling in love with it once again!

Please watch the trailer.




                                    "And in this moment, I swear we are infinite."



No comments:

Post a Comment