Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Top 5 Books I Want to Read in 2014

There are so many books coming out this year. It is going to be hard to pick my Top 5 but I believe I have narrowed it down:

Strange and Ever After  - By: Susan Dennard (@stdennard)

Release Date: July 22, 2014

This book is the final installment of the Something Strange and Deadly series. The book looks fantastic. I look forward to seeing what Eleanor and Daniel will be up to in the final conclusion of the story. Furthermore, although he is a minor character, I can't wait to see what happens to Ollie. Ollie became my favorite character in the second book! So much adventure and mischief awaits in the final conclusion of the trilogy!


The Infinite Sea - By Rick Yancey (@rickyancey)

Release Date: September 16, 2014

The Infinite Sea is my second choice of 2014. If you have not read the first book (The 5th Wave), you must be living under a rock. The first book was full of adventure, mystery, and thrills. Due to these aspects, I couldn't put the book down. I believe the second book will be better than the first. Plus, Cassie, the main character, is a pretty unique and determined character.


No One Else Can Have You - By Kathleen Hale (@HaleKathleen)

Release Date: January 7, 2014

First of all, the book cover drew me in. I know, people say, "Don't judge a book by its cover." But seriously, how can you pass up the cover. It has a moose on it. I have heard very positive things about the book and the reviews make the book seem  better and better each time.  I have pre-ordered the book and it will be the first book out of these five that I will read because it comes out today!



Defy by Sara Larson (@SaraBLarson)

Release Date: January 7, 2014

Defy is one of those books that has an awesome cover and instantly you know it is going to be good. I just keep staring at it and want my own copy of it. I have also heard very positive things about this book: packed with action, it's a page turner, and the story line is very intriguing. The book was released today so it will be in my hands hopefully sometime this weekend.




Vitro by Jessica Khoury (@jkbibliophile)

Release Date: January 14, 2013

Jessica Khoury is a great writer. I picked up her first book, Origins, at Nashville's Bookfest about two years ago. Of course, I bought the book because of the cover, but as I started reading the book, I became intrigued. I met Jessica at SOKYfest, a bookfest in Bowling Green, KY. She is very nice and easy to talk to.  I have been excited about Vitro's release, but her #OperationVitro contest has made me more pumped about the book release.













No comments:

Post a Comment